Waxhaw-Marvin Swim and Tennis
Pool Rules and Policies
Pool Hours: 6:00 am – 9:00 pm (or dusk)
Members are expected to leave the pool by dark.
The Pool Board members, Pool Manager, and pool staff are authorized to enforce all pool rules as approved by the Board of Directors. Members and their guests are expected to support and obey these rules.
Severe Weather Policy
- The pool shall be considered closed at the sound of thunder, the sight of lightning, or if rainfall becomes so heavy that the bottom of the pool is not visible from the surface.
- All individuals must leave the pool deck area and seek protection under the building or inside the restrooms.
- Thirty (30) minutes after the last sound of thunder and sixty (60) minutes after the last sight of lightning, the pool may be reopened.
- All members and guests use the pool at their own risk. When Lifeguards are on duty, Lifeguards have full authority to close the pool and all members must comply with their decision.
- When Lifeguards are not present, each individual is responsible for their own welfare in regards to severe weather, regardless of the opinion or choice of others in the pool area.
- Use of the facility is limited to members in good standing (current on dues with no fees owed) and their guests subject to the limitations below.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult of 18 years of age or older. Proof of age is required.
- There is a limit of four (4) guests per day per household, and those guests are limited to 2 visits per pool season. Any guests past the two visits must pay $3 per person, the honor system is expected for all club members. Exceptions to this limit require board approval within 48 hours notice. Groups larger than four are considered a party and must complete the member's party form ahead of time, subject to approval to avoid overcrowding at peak pool usage times. All guests MUST sign in at each visit upon entrance to the facility for liability waiver and regulations purposes. Failure to register and sign in a guest will result in dismissal from the pool for the day and possible suspension of guest privileges. It is imperative that guests sign in due to insurance policy requirements and members will be held personally responsible for any court costs and liabilities associated with a guest that did not sign the guest registree posted at the entranceway. Authorized individuals such as babysitters and nannies should be noted via email in advance and are not subject to the guest fee IF on the job, otherwise they are not considered members and able to access the pool unless accompanied by a member and are subject to the regular guest rules.
- Requests for pool parties must be submitted to email@example.com four weeks in advance. Exceptions are made at the sole discretion of the party manager.
- The facility is a Smoke-Free environment. No smoking is allowed in the pool enclosure. The pool enclosure includes bathrooms, pool deck, and pool. The parking lot is acceptable for smoking, but butts must be disposed of properly. Please remember this is an all-volunteer run facility, do not leave the facility filled with trash. Violation of the smoking laws are subject to immediate removal from the pool. Leaving butts on the ground is considered littering subject to NCGA law 14-399.
- No food or beverage will be consumed in the pool. All food must be consumed at least 4 feet from the pool at the tables or in the enclosed area. Members are expected to clean up after themselves.
- No one who has a communicable disease of any kind may enter the pool enclosure.
- No one who has any infection, disease, open sore, inflamed eyes, a cold, nasal or ear discharge, or gauze bandage may enter the water.
- No pets will be allowed in the pool enclosure.
- All babies and toddlers who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim diapers. Feces in the pool, even a small amount, may cause an outbreak of e-Coli. In accordance with the health department codes and for everyone’s health and safety, the pool must close immediately and will require a chemical treatment for 24 hours following such an incident. Expense related to this cleanup may be charged to the member responsible for himself or his guest.
- Gum is not allowed within the pool facility.
- The Pool Managers, Board members, Lifeguards, and attendants must be obeyed at all times.
- Children that cannot pass a swimming test must remain in shallow areas. The swim test consists of two laps of nonstop swimming the length of the pool and 30 seconds of treading water. The use of child flotation devices does not negate this rule.
- Profanity, abusive/foul language, disrespectful behavior, intimidation or fighting will result in immediate expulsion of the offender. If a guest, the member will be asked to leave as well. Additional penalties including loss of pool privilege may be imposed.
- Before entering the pool, the health department recommends that you shower before you swim.
- Running, pushing, acrobatics, wrestling, unruly behavior, etc. is prohibited.
- Use of skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, bikes, motorized mini vehicles, etc. is prohibited in the pool area at all times. Only strollers and wheelchairs are permitted.
- No glass containers of any kind or other dangerous objects are allowed in the pool area. If a glass container is broken within the pool area, the pool must be drained, cleaned and refilled. Any member or guest who is found to have broken a glass container within the pool area will be held financially responsible for paying for the draining, cleaning, and refilling of the pool.
- No member or guest appearing to be intoxicated or under the influence of a controlled substance will be allowed in the pool enclosure.
- No diving off the sides of the pool unless in the roped off deeper diving board area.
- Only pool toys are allowed.
- Persons using the pool facility do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. The pool and board assume no responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use or for loss or damage to personal property.
- Please keep any music at a reasonable volume while being considerate of other guests. Excessive noise which interferes with the comfort and enjoyment of the facility by other users is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages in non-glass containers are permitted subject to North Carolina consumption laws in the pool area. Glass containers must be poured in non-glass containers away from the pool area. Discretion with alcoholic beverages must be thought of concerning the pool being a family, community oriented organization.
- Only proper swim attire is required for all ages. No cut off type clothing is allowed.
- All trash must be picked up in the areas occupied including the bathrooms. There is no staff available for this purpose, and it is each individual’s responsibility to keep the facility clean.
- The pool phone is for emergencies only.
- The pool will be closed accordingly for inclement weather, and emergency maintenance reasons as needed.
- All swim lessons, whether private of group, for which a fee is paid, must have prior approval from the Board of Directors.
- Hanging on ropes and cables is strictly prohibited. If a member or member child breaks a cable, they are subject to replacing the broken cable at a charge of $50.
- Chairs and lounge chairs must be picked up when moving and never dragged across the stained deck. Please carry chairs back to their appropriate position after usage in consideration of other members. No chairs may be placed inside of 7' from the pool perimeter due to rescue and safety precautions. Anyone that damages the pool deck by sliding and scratching the stain is subject to a repair charge of $50 per section of concrete damaged.
Enforcement of Rules
Lifeguards/attendants are responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy environment and have the authority to enforce all rules, regulations, and any act the Lifeguard or Pool Attendant deems as unsafe behavior. Although lifeguards may be present, all parents are responsible for the safety of their own children and enforcing the rules. All parents and children must follow instructions as decided upon by the lifeguards who have full authority to maintain the safety of all individuals on pool property. Please treat the lifeguards and pool managers and/or Volunteer Board members with respect. Disputes and discipline may be referred to the club board resulting in the possible suspension of privileges and at the worst case loss of membership with no refund if necessary.
- The pool manager will be responsible for enforcing the admission requirements and pool enclosure rules. Access codes are never to be shared with non-members. The Board of Directors will be notified if any person is denied access to the pool facility, dismissed or barred from it for any infraction of these rules.
- Anyone who enters the pool enclosure who is not authorized to use the facilities or who enters during unauthorized hours may be subject to criminal citation or civil action for trespassing, and/or may have pool privileges suspended or other action the Board of Directors deems appropriate.
- The cost of any property damage will be charged to the member. If a guest is responsible for the damage, the respective member will be responsible for the cost.